Middle Creek High School opened in the fall of 2002 as the seventeenth high school in the Wake County Public School System. Wake County borders the Research Triangle Park, the largest research park in the country. The Research Triangle is named for the triangle formed by three universities with national recognition: Duke University in Durham, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University in Raleigh, the state capital, which is located in Wake County. Because of the emphasis on education in such an area, the Wake County Public School System is one of the most progressive school systems in the country today. Middle Creek High School is located in the town of Cary, which operates a community center on the school property.
Mission Statement: Middle Creek High School strives to create a youth-centered community consisting of life-long learners who are engaged in personalized acts of discovery.
Vision Statement: Through a variety of rigorous educational experiences, students at Middle Creek High School work toward being contributing members of our school and the larger community. Experiences in the classroom, on the field, on the stage, and in the community provide the students with opportunities for growth that are relevant to their lives. Students establish themselves as individuals, effective leaders, and team members. Meaningful relationships between adults and students help to make this vision become a working reality.
- All staff engage in interdisciplinary and diverse instructional practices to deliver rigorous and relevant content.
- All staff and students support the schools academic, athletic, and arts programs.
- All staff and students strive towards excellence in all endeavors.
- All staff and students consider themselves to be stakeholders in our school.
- All staff and students receive training in and utilize opportunities to deploy leadership skills.
- All staff and students include family, community, and business members in the development of our school.
- Each student has a meaningful relationship with at least one adult who works with the student in the development of his/her achievements.
- All staff and students work together towards creating a safe, orderly, and caring school atmosphere.